Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tee Hehe! ;)


So I'm laughing at the fact that I actually have a blog, for various reasons: 1) Who the heck would want to read it (this is for you and only you Mom, I'm sure you'll be the only one who reads it!;) ) 2) What the heck am I going to write about!? Since I already seem to have writers block I figured I'd start by explaining the crazy long and sort of goofy title. Blogs tend to be a kind of public diary for chatting about ones life, ones family, and the silly day to day things that make you laugh or think deeply about something. My blog will most likely consist of everything my title entails.

Tayler Jae...Bikes, Hikes, Tumbles, Fumbles, Eating, and Competing!

First, bikes! I am absolutely and ridiculously in love with my bike(s) and cycling in general. It is an obsession that all started last year and I'm hoping will never end! (There is a pic of a few girls on my team, PCIM, I love those girls!)






Second, hikes! Before I got completely immersed in cycling I was in love with trail running and hiking in general (I still am I just don't go as much), so along with cycling adventures I'm sure there will be a few crazy hiking adventures thrown into the blog!


Third and forth, tumbling and fumbling! This specific part of my life gets two parts in my title/blog because in all honesty, I am the most clumsy/hazardous/stumbly and just outright graceless person you will ever meet. If you don't believe me take a quick gander at the pictures below, or better yet just reference the many scars that dot my body (Knees: scars across scars from just about everything, soccer, bike crashes, trail running incidents-lets just say the mountain bike came out on top, and the day to day spills I inevitably take. Shins: again scars from soccer and cycling, but also from my ever so sharp and sneaky friend rebar. Yes, you heard me right, metal rebar, the kind used for concrete reinforcement or other constructiony things of the sort. However, in my life I have found that metal rebar has the tendency to sneak up on you, popping up in the most unexpected places. Not once but twice has this sneaky metal gotten the best of me, once while running into my parents house in Bluffdale, and once while running across a grassy field on campus. I am certain that it laid low, waiting for the most opportune moment to attack an unsuspecting and unnaturally clumsy victim such as myself! Further proof of my eternally clumsy nature is the many nicknames given to me by a good friend, which include Sasquatch (big feet, big hands=clumsy), S which is the scientific symbol of entropy (the definition of entropy is: the measure of disorder within a system...what else can I say!), and a few more that are just as equally fitting.


Fifth in the title is by far one of my most favorites, eating! I love to eat! One of my very favorite things to do is go out to dinner, or go to family dinners, because I love great food! Sadly I can't cook to save my life, literally my family (mainly my Mom and Granny) call me/text me daily to make sure I'm eating well! More than my love for food is the overwhelming amount I can consume, it is frightening really! Whether I am on the bike or off it doesn't matter, I can out eat just about every male I know (I am totally not exaggerating, and also excuse my stereotyping of males, it is just a common fact that males tend to be larger in size, which leads to the conclusion that they can usually eat more, but I do realize there are some exceptions!;) ) At training camp in St. George I shocked a few of my teammates while on a 7 hour ride with the amount of food I consumed. I also have an uncle that constantly comments at the amount of food I can put down, "still eating Tayler, really?" is a very common phrase at family parties. Just in case any of you ever needs to suck up to me, or really hit me in the heart...all it takes is some chocolate chip cookies and you will become my very best friend!:)


And last but definitely not least, competing!! I have always been a ridiculously competitive person. From soccer and track growing up to my passion for cycling now, I love love love to compete! I love the pure emotion that comes from competition, yeah I know that it can get ugly and political in most every aspect of athleticism, but there is also so much heart in competition. There is nothing better than putting your whole heart into something you love, doing anything and everything you can to excel in it and pushing yourself farther than you or anyone else ever thought possible. That is what I think competition is about, not wins and losses but pushing yourself and believing in yourself. I have big dreams, I have always been a big dreamer, and I wouldn't want it any other way!:)


Okay so there are some other important aspects of my life that I couldn't think up rhymes for to throw in my title (plus I think it is a bit too long already). Some of these things include my amazing family, my friends, my coach;), my education, and all the kids/people of Africa that touched my heart.

My Family!:)


My Friends!:)



My Coach Matt!:)


The most amazing people I have ever met!:)




1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! I am first! Yahoo! I expect daily updates. xoxo, Mom

    ReplyDelete